About Our Messaging Service
Family Spirit Nurture is a culturally based home visiting program proven to support Native American children’s nutrition, health and growth. Family Spirit Nurture key teaching points, resources and support are now available to all interested caregivers through our free* text messaging service.
*Message and data rates may apply.
Sample text message: Eat for Strength! Fruits, vegetables and water can keep your family healthy and boost energy levels.
How it Works
- Sign up to receive free text messages from Family Spirit Nurture.
- Share your child’s due date or date of birth to receive messages tailored to your baby’s age.
- If you’d like, share your name and your child’s name for personalized messages.
- Choose the frequency of messages you would like to receive.
- Indicate if you would like messages related to breastfeeding support.
- Enjoy information, resources and empowerment to support you and your baby!
What You Can Expect
After you sign up, you will receive up to 4 personalized messages per week related to your child’s feeding and your own nutrition, as well as messages to support you as a caregiver. Your messages will also include local and national resources for food, and links to Indigenous nutrition resources.
Sample text message: Did you know babies don’t need juice or other sugary drinks? Your baby can take small sips of water from a sippy cup or bottle now!
Nutrition Resources for Your Family
Check out our resources page for links to local and national resources to nourish your family with the best practices and the best food and drink choices possible.
Find Recipes and Cooking Inspiration
Check out our recipes page for new ideas for nourishing your family with Indigenous foods. Submit your favorite recipes to our Community Recipe Box to share with other families.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please view responses to frequently asked questions about the Family Spirit Nurture Text Messaging Service. If you have additional questions, submit an inquiry on our Contact page, or send an email to email@example.com.
We’re here to support you!
As a parent or caregiver, you already have your child’s best interests in mind. Every healthy choice, no matter how small, makes a difference.